Decided to share my most fascinating and excellent thoughts with the entire world.

Friday, September 05, 2003

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do"~Joe Walsh

Ga! Stupid internet/computer/blogger! I wrote a nice long post last night which explored my feelings about where i'm at in life only to accidentally delete it! Here's how it happened: I was almost done typing the post when I accidently hit some button and the 'save' window came up. No problem with that really, but when I came back to my blog to publish the saved message it wasn't there! I then looked at the support page but couldn't find any help so I E-mailed the Blogger staff only to receive a reply that told me that my problem is a bug that they are aware of and trying to fix and sorry but they could not retrieve my message. Grr.. It was a semi-decent post too!
Well enough complaining. I'll summarize it: course isn't too hard so far. Got a lot of work done. Drew had his first day at hillfield. Things went ok. I'm glad that I never have to go back there. Feels good to be steering a course of my own. Think I'm finally feeling better. Still trying to figure things out.
And that's pretty much it, although I think it was perhaps presented in a touch more of an eloquent fashion in the old post.

Tonight my parents are throwing a big party for my neighbours. The Robertson's have lived in my neighbourhood for a long time and they are now moving away. Spent a lot of time today and yesterday making the house look somewhat presentable. It's going to be so weird because I hardly know most of the people around here. A lot of them are older and the ones who aren't have young kids. Both are not the type of people I normally socialize with. Hopefully I won't have to make too much small talk. I suck at small talk. Why does one have to pretend to be interested in the petty details of some random persons life? And why, for that matter do they have to pretend to be interested in your own? I just don't get it. It's awkward and pointless. And I suck at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home