Decided to share my most fascinating and excellent thoughts with the entire world.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Ha!

So yeah..the last time I posted I was 2 days away from going to boarding school. Well...I went. It was definitely an experience. In good and not so good ways. The place is called Rocklyn academy. The idea for the school is great - take girls who are struggling for whatever reason at home and give them a fresh start. Give them a place where they can concentrate on finishing school and on helping themseves sort out their shit. Yeah good in THEORY. The only problem is the director of the school was a malicious, unbalanced bitch. Honestly. I don't like to judge people. I came to that school with no prior knowledge of her whatsoever. Gave her the benifit of the doubt. Was polite and friendly. And I got treated like shit. It really had a negative affect on me at first. Got really upset, depressed, and angry cause I couldn't escape her. I had to LIVE at this place. But eventually I realized that it wasn't just me she was like that to. She was horribly mean and unsupportive to the other girls as well. And what she did....just didn't make sense. She wanted to punish us. The only thing that saved me at that school was the director of student affairs, Cathy. She saved all of us. Made that place semi-sane. I'm forever grateful to her. She's my surrogate mom. Another positive side is that it did help me focus on school. I got done what I came to do - I finished high school and got really good grades. Got a scholarship to the Universiy of Guelph. Thats where I'm going in the fall to study zoology. Maybe a vet someday? Psychologist? I dunno. But anyways, back to the school. Small classes, (and I mean TINY like 2 to 8 people in a class) helped SO much. It made it easy to do well. And then there were the girls there. We all got so close. In great part because it was all of us against Dale (the director). Admittedly, at the beginning of the year, when Dale was responsible for who came to the school, there were some girls who came there that should have either been sent to a lockdown or an asylum. Honestly. They just were not safe people to be around. But then they left and Cathy started to screen the girls who came in. New girls came who were more like the rest of us - normal, but just had had troubles with our parents or slacked off in school or were depressed etc. It was SO nice to be surrounded by people you could talk to. Tell anything to. They're like sisters. And for me, as someone who is stuck with only brothers at home, that was amazing. I can't believe I'm DONE high school. You have no idea how GOOD that feels. Back on track. Happy again even.

I met Sarah at Rocklyn. Was totally and completely straight before I met her. Damn you Sarah!! It all happened so gradually. We were friends for so long before anything happened. We were around eachother 24-7 and never got sick of eachother. It just sort of progressed from there. It's amazing how totally normal it feels. I just didn't KNOW I was bisexual until I met her...honestly just didn't know. I've been away from her since June though and it's killing me. Only ONE month left...god no!! That's still way too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home